[TowerTalk] Grounding

Dick's rcblumen at centurylink.net
Tue Sep 3 19:57:42 EDT 2019

Julio-

I was more concerned with routing the conductors from each leg of the tower to the first ring of ground rods. I used 2” wide copper ribbons with a slow arc down to each rod. From each of the 3 rods I then branched out the required distance to other rods using stranded 2 awg copper and cad-welding them at each rod.

I wrote a monthly newsletter column. If you start with the Sept 2017 issue you can see the write up on welding and ground rods at http://n4lnr.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/LARC-9-2017C.pdf.  You can go forward or backwards to see the entire tower installation spanning more than a year.

Dick, K0CAT

Sent from my iPhone

Richard (Dick) Blumenstein