[TowerTalk] Gravel under forms

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 3 22:11:06 EDT 2019

Chris,

>From your description your either using a pier pin .  I do all my cement pouring and finishing then  pound/insert the pier pin and finish off any disturbed finish.

 Again from your description with a  pier pin you do NOT need gravel In the bottom of the excavate hole ( that was for H2O  drainage inside the vertical tubes )

I have never used a vibrator on a Rohn  tower have that be  65/55/45/25    I have for big pours Crank ups  and SSVT with elevated sonna tubes.

A 2X2 or 2X3 poking around your Rebar cage  as the  mix  is poured in is A-OK

I am a belt and suspender type   most of my pours have been 3500LB  a few 4000lb  for free standing towers

Wayne W3EA