[TowerTalk] Preferred type of coax to be used for jumpers in a multi-operator room ?

David Aslin G3WGN david at aslinvc.com
Wed Sep 4 18:03:40 EDT 2019

Messi and Paolini have a double screened 5mm coax - Hyperflex 5.  Copper foil first screen then 88% coverage second screen. Inner is 19 strand bare copper; attenuation at 28MHz around half that of RG58.
This would seem to be a very well screened cable for short jumpers;  I'm wondering why I would choose RG400 at several times the price of the M & P product?
Hivemind thoughts?

I recall K9YC reminding us that the resistance of the screen is a factor in bonding our equipment via the coax, so this may be moot - larger cables have lower DC resistance and therefore a 10mm/0.4" cable may be a better choice.  Again, thoughts appreciated.

All relevant to my SO2R/MS/M2 station build
73, David G3WGN  M6O