[TowerTalk] Second Tower Placement Recommendation

k7lxc at aol.com k7lxc at aol.com
Thu Sep 5 17:16:04 EDT 2019

>  If I had that kind of available tower height and the flexibility to
place them that you do, I'd make the 2nd tower also 150 feet tall and position it such that a rope between it and the 1st tower pointed to Europe, with enough distance between the two towers that I could string Inverted-V elements for either 80m or 160m to make a 3-element wire Yagi hung from the rope.? The coax to the driven element could be run back along the rope to one of the towers.
    Excellent idea! K7ML in Montana had two 195' rotating towers with a catenary between them pointing to EU. I think his wire inverted vee beam had 6 or 7 elements on 80M. He also had a high H - normally a good low band antenna. On the beam, SP7GIQ was S6-8. He was unreadable on the Lazy H.

    BTW there were six F12 C-3s on one tower and four F12 4L 40's on the other one.

Cheers,Steve     K7LXC