[TowerTalk] Polygon Guy Rods

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Sun Sep 8 15:27:57 EDT 2019

On 9/8/2019 14:17, Tim Duffy wrote:
> Use qualified professionals to install your tower, accidents happen (several this year already) and you do not want anything bad to happen to you or your friends.

I hope others have better luck with that than I did. I hired a
well-known local outfit, Wave Communication, to replace my Rohn 25 this
spring. They sent two inexperienced guys to take it down, with no gin
pole or tower jack. They had to use my bolt cutter to cut the guy wires.
Then it took them a couple hours just to get the top section off. They
didn't have a drill bit big enough for the pier pin. At least they were
very expensive. They were supposed to come back in a week to put up the
new tower. Six weeks later, I fired them and hired a local ham, with
whom I put the tower up in a day.

73,

Scott K9MA

--