[TowerTalk] Polygon Guy Rods

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Sep 9 07:23:25 EDT 2019

I often wondering how rotating towers work with large antennas.  Even
my guyed pier pin Rohn 65g twisted until I added a star guy near the
top.

John KK9A

Tim Duffy k3lr wrote:

Hello Ron:

Please contact PiRod (Valmont) and tell them what you are proposing. That is
the only safe way.

All of the towers at K3LR are PiRod. Mine are not rotating towers. They are
guyed as per PiRod designed and engineered specifications.
PiRod will frown at your proposed rotating tower installation.

PiRod does not approve of rotating towers (the steel tower cork screws) -
which is a significant problem. Rohn towers (pipe vertical legs) are worse.

73
Tim K3LR