[TowerTalk] Modeling vs Experimenting Crowds

Don w7wll at arrl.net
Wed Sep 11 21:45:57 EDT 2019

Well put by Mr Fox, Shawn. Reminds me of a little picture frame with the
following which hung on the wall of one of our top engineers in the test
and instruments company I worked for. Smart, learned, well educated and
a dedicated experimenter, determined to defy the 'it has to be so'
crowd. Quite successful.

"No one believes the results of the computational modeler except the
modeler, for only he understands the premises. No one doubts the
experimenter's results except the experimenter, for only he knows his
mistakes'. Beneath was two handwrittenlines on a strip of paper.
"Modeling is not as exciting as experimenting where the outcome can be
an Eureka moment".

I had copied that and tucked it away in my old company history files I
left with.

Don T W7WLL