[TowerTalk] Cushcraft/MFJ Traps

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Thu Sep 12 16:41:42 EDT 2019

You know that power loss doesn't equate to lost pattern gain, right?

Trapped tribanders have shorter elements, which has an effect on
pattern, and they have non-optimal element spacing for any particular
band, which again affects pattern gain.

I'm not saying that trapped tribanders don't have utility, but compared
to a modern non-trapped design they suffer from more than just the heat
they generate.

Dave   AB7E