[TowerTalk] Modeling vs Experimenting Crowds

Jeff Blaine KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com
Sat Sep 14 01:40:01 EDT 2019

I'm with Grant on that.  The real value of modeling is not that it will
ensure you build a good antenna, but rather it will help you avoid
building ones that have no chance of working the way you wanted.  All
from the relative comfort of your chair.

There are a lot of reasons why an antenna that modeled well did not work
when you put it up, but most of those involve things in the environment
that were not part of your model.  The model thinks that the antenna and
maybe the ground exist, but nothing else does.  In the real world, there
is a LOT of stuff around, even if you live in the country.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com