[TowerTalk] Worse than MFJ/Cushcraft coils

Glenn Pritchard gpritchard7000 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 18:35:10 EDT 2019

Hi Mike
I had that Wilson 40 meter Yagi in the 70’s, well 1980 to be exact, problem was the driven element did not compensate for the extreme taper. The tuning for the gamma match and yes the reflector has to be taken into account.
You had to have the antenna installed, climb the tower and adjust the variable capacitor at the feed point. Pain in the butt, but it did work after the changes and worked very well.

Glenn, VA7UO

Sent from my iPhone