[TowerTalk] YCCC 9 circle preamp failure test

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 24 16:36:21 EDT 2019

On 9/24/19 1:14 PM, Wes wrote:
> Why all of the complications?  The preamps are unity gain.

Aha.. I was hunting around for a circuit description. Yeah, it looks
there's a noninverting buffer followed by a 1:1 transformer.

So it's more of an impedance buffer.  What Z does it present to the
element?

(I do a lot of work with HF receivers that use short (2-3 meter)
antennas feeding high Z buffers, so they're more "E-field" probes)

  Doesn't the