[TowerTalk] TB-2US

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Sep 30 07:13:57 EDT 2019

Is it worth the effort?  I thought flange bearings were pretty inexpensive.

John KK9A

From:	Jon Pearl - W4ABC
Date:	Sun, 29 Sep 2019 20:21:51 -0400

Good evening, Towertalkians,

I've got a pretty cruddy TB-2US that I'm soaking.  I've removed it
from the top of my TX-455.  It's never been serviced and will spin
somewhat freely after a good dosing of PBlaster.  Upon turning the
assembly over, I can visualize a ring (just like a ring in a piston
cylinder) that sits inside of the housing and it appears to hold the
bearing captive.  The ring has close to a 3/4" gap in it.  I'll get a
better idea of when I'm looking at when some of the crud has dissolved.

Question:  Once this thing has has a good scrubbing, would it be fair
to assume that the ring could be popped out of the assembly with a
screw driver - freeing-up the bearing?

Thanks & 73,

Jon Pearl - W4ABC