[TowerTalk] Opening Steel Hardwre AFter 15 Years

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Sat Apr 4 17:37:10 EDT 2020

Two alternatives I use:

LPS3 is a heavy, almost cosmoline spray on outdoor rust preventative.
Needs resprayed every 2 years +/- depending on your environment

Spray or brush on galvanizing.  Basically a paint carrier with lots of
suspended zinc.  Will weather so needs touch up now and then.  I
pressure wash and repaint my exposed tower bolts every 3 years, paying
particular attention to the studs at the concrete surface.

Another thing to be concerned about with not galvanized studs after 15
years is what is happening to the studs at the concrete surface and just
below. I'm not a fan of grouting under tower bases as it hides what is
going on.

Grant KZ1W