[TowerTalk] Vertical Antenna Question

Gary gary_mayfield at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 8 22:23:01 EDT 2020

I used my DX Engineering gift certificate to buy a copy of the "Champion Radio HF Vertical Performance - Test Methods & Results". I really enjoyed the book and learned a lot.

It looks like a vertical is the only antenna I am going to get in my terraced back yard. Has anyone done a similar look at verticals where they looked at radials vs no radials? There are a lot of claims out there about verticals that work without radials. The above test looked at some of those antennas but they were mounted over a radial field...

I am still wondering how I am going to run the radials up the brick terraces, and they are going to have to be pretty short.

I am ready to listen and learn.

Thanks and 73,
Gary "Joe" Mayfield, kk0sd