[TowerTalk] Vertical Antenna Question

Ignacy Misztal no9e at arrl.net
Thu Apr 9 12:40:10 EDT 2020

Vertical performance greatly depends on soil conductivity and terrain. By
reading many articles without good background  you will be greatly
confused. Whatever you do, I suggest you try to put a temporary dipole of
random length fed by tv line to a tuner. Then compare. In my location the
verticals are usually 5-10 db below dipoles even for DX.  Except for 160.
The verticals do magic on the beach.
Ignacy NO9E