[TowerTalk] Opening Steel Hardwre AFter 15 Years

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Tue Apr 14 22:48:20 EDT 2020

The purpose of the safety wire is to prevent vandals from unscrewing the
turnbuckle. Some say that it's also to prevent the turnbuckle from
unscrewing due to vibration - but I've never seen that tendency in
turnbuckles under guy wire tension.

Properly sized turnbuckles are not the weak link in the system - it's
the guy wire itself.

-Steve K8LX