[TowerTalk] WD-1A as control cable

tony.kaz at verizon.net tony.kaz at verizon.net
Thu Apr 16 16:01:37 EDT 2020

Tnx Jeff and Gedas.
The relay at each feed point is 12V, 50mA. I have used these SPDT relays for years without a problem. The WD1 wire should have no trouble handling that. The run of buried wire plus up to the elevated feed point and up to the Comtek box at the tower will be about 70'. Will make sure I seal the ends of the WD1 with liquid tape once I crimp/solder spade lugs on each end.
If I get several years out of the wire I will be happy. And I already have a spool.
I have a GHE box on a tower leg to switch the relays from HI and LOW 75/80M positions

73,
N2TK, Tony