[TowerTalk] Measuring resonance of a yagi element

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Tue Apr 21 23:48:05 EDT 2020

For anyone who doesn't have an analyzer and may have missed some of the
earlier posts here about the NanoVNA, it is an amazing vector network
analyzer for less than $50.   There are people who have compared it to
lab grade HP analyzers and found the accuracy to be within a percent or
so up to 300 MHz.  It will display the results in Smith Chart form, as
an S-parameter, or as a vector impedance (R +/- jX).  It is capable of
both single port and two port analysis, and it even comes with it's own
calibration units.  There are lots of inferior copies, though, so do a
bit of research to find out which ones are the real deal.  They can be
found on both eBay and Amazon.

It's physically quite small, though, so take that into account if your
eyes aren't great.  At least the LCD contrast is decent.

73,
Dave   AB7E