[TowerTalk] Measuring resonance of a yagi element

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Apr 22 01:13:00 EDT 2020

It has been a while since I kept up to date on it, but this link shows
what I believe to be the safest bet to get the right version of the
model I was referring to.  Amazon also has several offerings, most at
higher prices, and even I can't tell for sure how valid some of the
listings are.  In general, you want the unit with a 3.4 inch display, a
650 mah battery, and internal metal shielding.  In the past some
knockoff units didn't have the shielding, had crappy soldering, and even
came without the battery.  The Hugen one via the link below has always
been a reliable source and will also have the latest firmware installed.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/3-4-version-650mAh-battery-Original_62342877955.html?fullFirstScreen=true

The only problem is that some folks have had difficulty getting their
credit card company to accept payments to Alibaba.  In those situations,
this link will get you in contact with Maggie King who can set up a
transaction via PayPal.

*https://tinyurl.com/y9xpssnc *(it was a very long URL)

By the way, if I remember correctly, the original NanoVNA was designed
by a Japanese fellow, but Hugen upgraded the design and made it widely
available with good manufacturing quality.

That's the best I can do, I'm afraid.  There is a very active groups.io
forum on the NanoVNA with LOTS of information, as well as updated files
for both the firmware and some freeware software to operate the NanoVNA
from a computer that adds some very nice additional features.  The forum
was so active that I had to mute the regular emails because I was
getting so many of them.

73,
Dave  AB7E