[TowerTalk] Measuring resonance of a yagi element

Ron W8RJL youngron at verizon.net
Wed Apr 22 02:34:35 EDT 2020

Tom,
Remember to get an accurate measure of resonant frequency the element will
need to be at a height above ground where used. If you measure it at
stepladder height it will be lower in freq than when up on the tower. I
guess I am old school but there are many good designs in the antenna
handbooks by ARRL and W6SAI and others. I realize everything these days is
computer designed but my old 3 element 26 foot boom 20 meter Yagi built with
handbook data work pretty darn good. I also interlaced 4 elements for 15
meters on the same boom. It worked great and all with data from handbooks.
73 and GL on your project.
Ron W8RJL