[TowerTalk] Phillystran Abrasion Resistance

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Sat Apr 25 14:15:56 EDT 2020

I just installed a small tribander about 2/3 the way up my 21 meter
tower, among the upper guy wires. The direction is fixed. (See qrz.com.)
The elements are unavoidably very close to two Phillystran guys.
(HPTG-6700I) Those elements will touch the guys in high winds, though
only at smooth points of the elements. Does anyone have any experience
with a situation like this? If necessary, I could place some kind of a
sleeve over the guy to protect it, but it wouldn't be easy.

73,

Scott K9MA

--
Scott  K9MA