[TowerTalk] guy wire interaction with 80m

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Mon Apr 27 00:13:07 EDT 2020

Your tower is probably just too tall for shunt feeding on 80, especially
if it has beams on it adding top loading. For comparison, my 70 foot
tower, with two tribanders and a 40 meter rotatable dipole, is about an
electrical 3/8 wave. (This from modeling.) I can shunt feed it on 80,
but the tap is near the top of the tower.

73,

Scott K9MA