[TowerTalk] Yaesu G1000DXA - Post Installation Alignment

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Wed Aug 5 14:20:19 EDT 2020

I am getting ready to install my 1st Yaesu rotor on a small 50' tower
that will be used for uW work. I have looked over the manual but do not
see anything about calibrating the rotor AFTER it has been installed. I
may have missed it.

Is there a site or document that describes the procedure for fine tuning
the correlation between the displayed rotor direction and the antennas
true direction?

I see there are a number of adjustment pots on the back of the
controller but it seems the manual only talks about using them for
pre-alignment/installation purposes.

Since this will be for aiming uW dish antennas with only a few degrees
of BW I want to be able to fine tune the shack dial to the antennas real
heading. I plan on aiming a long boom looper at the north star which
will get me within 1/2 degree of true, then I want to tweak the
indicator box to read the same. TU

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....