[TowerTalk] 220v trench proximity to 7/8" feedline trench?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Fri Aug 7 21:10:15 EDT 2020

I have also not experienced noise issues on HF with A/C lines near 250' to
350' underground runs of Heliax. Heliax shield is corrugated copper tubing.

John KK9A

Steve Maki wrote:

I have some some 120V AC lines in the same conduit as my rotator and
relay control lines, with direct buried Heliax just above and below the
conduit (up to to 500' runs), and have not noticed any issues. Normally
I only energize the AC when I need to do some soldering or run a capstan
winch out there, but sometimes forget to flip the breakers off for
extended periods.

-Steve K8LX