[TowerTalk] Non-Ham trying to get tower removed

Gary gary_mayfield at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 11 23:25:32 EDT 2020

One of my other email lists had a post show up from the son of K0IFO (SK). He is looking for someone to take down a tower and antenna, in the Kansas City area. I know nothing other than what is in his message quoted below.  Please contact him directly. His message is below:

" My dad was a lifelong ham operator, dedicated much of his time and income to communicate worldwide with others who shared the same passion. Maybe some of you knew Don Reed (K0IFO).

He passed away a year ago and left behind his legacy atop the home he shared with my mom in Independence, Missouri, just outside Kansas City.

My dad installed this antenna by himself....not sure how....pure determination. The antenna is FREE to anyone who is willing and able to remove it safely from my mom's home.

You will need to take down and remove safely a 60 to70 foot of Rohn 25G Tower guyed at two levels four directions. The bottom section will remain as it goes through the porch deck roof, but if you can determine a way to remove it as well, it's yours. It has a Mosley Pro-67-B beam that has 10,12,15,17,20, and 40 meters on it. It comes with a tail twister rotator some feed lines and rotator cable. This should be removed by someone that knows towers and take care of any damage that may come to the property.

Please contact via Facebook, email (ron(at)heartlandbiomed.com) or text (KCMO area code)-349-7027. --- Ron Wilson "

73,
Gary kk0sd