[TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing Installation

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Dec 22 07:00:20 EST 2020

Great answer Scott. I would just like to add with some rotators such
as a K7NV Prop Pitch, it is recommended to have the full weight on the
rotator.

John KK9A

Scott K9MA wrote:

Probably one or the other, not both. That's "overconstrained", which
means anything just slightly out of true can produce very large forces.
The easiest way is usually to let the rotator take the vertical load,
assuming it is within its rating.

73,
Scott K9MA  (Who took Statics 101 something over 50 years ago.)