[TowerTalk] FW: Thrust Bearing Installation

K9MA k9ma at sdellington.us
Thu Dec 24 13:03:30 EST 2020

The thrust bearing reduces the bending moment on the rotator, not the
mast. With the rotator in the tower below the thrust bearing, there is
very little bending moment on the rotator, just a horizontal force.
There's also, of course, a vertical force, unless that is taken by the
thrust bearing. The greater the distance between the thrust bearing and
rotator, the smaller the horizontal force on the rotator.and thrust bearing.

73,
Scott K9MA