[TowerTalk] DIGITAL CONTROLLER

Dave - W3NP w3np at atlanticbb.net
Fri Dec 25 15:04:54 EST 2020

As Jim said, your not missing anything on HF. The only reason I have the
RT-21 with 1 degree resolution is for the speed ramp up/down feature for
the longevity of my tower and yagi. I only change my antenna direction
if I feel it is absolutely necessary to work a station.  Otherwise, I
just keep it pointed in the general direction of interest and sometimes
not even pointed anywhere in particular. I will occasionally switch to
my big 160 meter horizontal loop to check signal difference. Most HF
yagis are not that sharp in pattern/beam width.

I believe the topic of Digital Controller started with a query as to
which one might be recommended.  I actually prefer the look of an
analogue meter as I get a better sense of relative direction as opposed
to seeing a heading number....but I am old and I guess old school as well.

73, Dave  W3NP