[TowerTalk] ROTOR CONTROLLERS

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Sat Dec 26 14:56:50 EST 2020

Good choice on the controller. I have a number of RT-21 and RT-21PP
controllers, they work well and customer service is second to none. I quit
using Hy-Gain rotators decades ago but I did guest operate a station in
March that had a Hy-Gain rotator with a Green Heron controller.  The
controller worked fine however I feel that it works smoother and the display
is more stable with Yaesu, TIC, prop pitch and other brand rotators which
use gearing that does not require a brake.

John KK9A

Dale M. Schwartz K4ROZ wrote:

I bit the bullet and ordered the Green Heron digital controller box. That
way, if I upgrade the router to another brand (other than Hi-Gain) it will
work.
    Thank all of you who gave me advice. As the "World's Least Technical
Ham" I needed good advice.
   BUT NONE OF YOU RESPONDED TO MY GO-FUND-ME PLEA!

                 Dale/K4ROZ