[TowerTalk] 80 meter antenna advice. (NY6DX)

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Feb 11 14:30:51 EST 2020

On 2/10/2020 8:41 PM, Grant Saviers wrote:
> I think 4sq vs 2L beam tradeoff depends on the beam height vs ground
> conductivity and thus the 4sq gain/pattern.

Yes. Several years ago, I did a modeling study of horizontal and
vertical antennas vs height and ground conductivity. It's here.

http://k9yc.com/Multi-Station.pdf

N6BT (original Force 12 designer/owner) recently published the results
of a ground-breaking study he did of verticals and terrain. Tom is a
very smart engineer.

https://ncjweb.com/features/mayjun19feat.pdf

73, Jim K9YC