[TowerTalk] Approximate price for a Yaesu G-5400 NOS Az-El rotor, controller & mast?

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 14 13:34:48 EST 2020

On 2/14/20 9:51 AM, Jim Froemke wrote:
> Cleaning out my archives. I have no idea what this rotor and 5' fiberglass
> mast should sell for.
> It's been mounted once for a demo and everything tests out (full range and
> motion).
> Can't find any listings on the usual swap sites. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.
> (This is not an offer to sell).
>
> 73, Jim
> K0MHC
> Kerrville, TX

I would assume it's similar to the current G-5500, which sells for about
$750, brand new, with a warranty, etc.

Maybe $300 for one of uncertain age, no warranty, and not having
whatever upgrades there were from 5400 to 5400A to 5400B to 5500.

( browsing around for the differences, it looks like they moved one of
the run caps, and there's probably other internal differences)