[TowerTalk] Topband: T-loaded vertical

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Feb 18 13:58:09 EST 2020

Good info Jim! I have wondered about this current moving technique. It
has been a while since I had a 160m vertical, I used to cut the wire a
little short and use a hairpin coil to match 50 ohms.

John KK9A

Jim Brown K9YC Wrote:

I agree with all of this advice, and it's how I matched my Tee. I did
not use the ladder snaps, but I did make the vertical section two wires
spaced with PVC conduit to increase the SWR bandwidth, and I did model
it in NEC.

With respect to current distribution with the lowered resonance -- N6BV
modeled it in his NEC-4 licensed software, and found no increase in the
far field compared to a resonant antenna.

73, Jim K9YC