[TowerTalk] XHHW wire

Steve Bookout steve at nr4m.com
Wed Feb 19 13:08:28 EST 2020

Very timely post!

For years, I've had a 4 element 80 delta loop array suspended from a
catenary stretched between two 190 foot towers.

I used THHN when I built it, but with time, the insulation is coming off
the wire.  I know that when I designed it, I had taken the velocity
factor into account WITH the PVC wire insulation.

Now, that I am losing my insulation, I have been looking for a better
alternative to the THHN wire.  Is this it?

Can anyone comment on the difference in the insulating material?   PVC
vs ???   And, maybe the difference in the dielectric constant f/u/w EZNEC?

This is my 'bread and butter' EU antenna.

Comments appreciated.

73 de Steve, NR4M