[TowerTalk] Broken Alpha Spid

k7lxc at aol.com k7lxc at aol.com
Wed Feb 26 14:41:04 EST 2020

>  It appears that my Alpha Spid cut loose in some heave wind recently.? Iam looking to upgrade to something else.? I am turning a 4 ele SteppIRwith the 30/40 loop and a 2 ele Cushcraft 40.
>  The Yaesu 2800 and Orion 2800 have been suggested.? I heard that youhave to be careful with the Yaesu and the mounting bracket as you canbreak it.?
Hiya, Mike -
    I endorse both rotators. Yes, the Yaesu mast clamp is cast aluminum and one has to be careful when tightening it up but it'll turn a big load for a long time. Their reliability seems to be good.

>  I have a Green Heron Controller.
    You'll need it with the Orion. It's a good worm gear drive rotator but the clamp has 2 fatal problems and the controller is one only the designer can love.

>  It has also been suggested to get the NV or LXC mounting brackets for the Orion.
    I'm currently trying to get some more clamps (you listening, Paul?) and not sure when they'll pop out.

Cheers,Steve     K7LXCTOWER TECHand
championradio.com