[TowerTalk] Which Vertical is More Robust ?

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Jan 1 14:35:49 EST 2020

Extreme tapering has its limits.  At some point, the vertical
will not stand up straight even in the absence of wind.  The top will
always bend over at some azimuth.  Now if you take the top
portion only of this vertical off and ground mount it, you will find
that it will stand up straight.  I don't know this from theory,
or even software.  Rather: actually building it.  Who knew?

This would probably be a great interview question for an ME...

Rick N6RK