[TowerTalk] 80M antenna wire size

Tony Brock-Fisher barockteer at aol.com
Thu Jan 2 20:54:06 EST 2020

My question - if I replaced the solid #14 wire with black Teflon coated #20
stranded tinned copper wire am I giving up anything in performance? I would
think the Teflon wire would hold up okay?

Note that using insulated wire instead of bare wire will add some
capacitive loading, and the elements will resonate at a lower frequency
for the same length.

I built a triband quad using teflon insulated #18 silver plated stranded
copper wire. It did come out lower in frequency. Other than that it has
held up fairly well.

-Tony, K1KP