[TowerTalk] 80M antenna wire size

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Fri Jan 3 20:05:24 EST 2020

I did the EZNEC model again using perfect ground.  The ground losses
were indeed a couple of dB lower in every case, but if anything the
differential between the various versions (#18 copper versus #20 copper
versus #18 Copperweld) became narrower and therefore even less
consequential.

And as you say, EZNEC tries to account for skin depth anyway ... which
by the way is of course less at 80m (N2TK's situation) than 160m.  The
Copperweld spec sheet says that there is about 4 mils of copper on #18
Copperweld wire.

73,
Dave  AB7E