[TowerTalk] Part of the TowerTalk family - sad news WV2ZOW SK

Tim Duffy k3lr at k3lr.com
Tue Jan 14 11:53:34 EST 2020

>From W2NAF

Dear HamSCI,

It is with great sadness that I report on the recent passing of my good friend Mike Clarson, WV2ZOW. Mike passed this past Sunday, January 12, 2020 from cancer.

Mike was a Communication Engineer at Parson’s Transportation in Newark and New York City for 6 years. He was an amateur “Ham” radio operator since he was 10 years old. His call sign was “WV2ZOW”. He was a member of the Radio Club of America since 1981 and was elevated to a Fellow and was also a Board Member.

I met Mike after becoming friends with his daughter in high school, and he has been a mentor and elmer to me, as well as a good friend and supporter of me for the past 22 years. He has been a big supporter of HamSCI, attending the HamSCI workshop, helping at the HamSCI booth in Dayton, and sponsoring me to present the SEQP eclipse work at the RCA convention.

You can see his obituary here: https://www.walterjohnsonfh.com/obituaries/Michael-James-Clarson?obId=10532866#/obituaryInfo

He will be greatly missed.

73 de Nathaniel W2NAF

--

Dr. Nathaniel A. Frissell, Ph.D., W2NAF

HamSCI Lead
Assistant Professor

Department of Physics and Electrical Engineering

University of Scranton

(973) 787-4506