[TowerTalk] PL-259 Reducer Question

john at ac4ca.us john at ac4ca.us
Sat Jan 25 14:29:19 EST 2020

I'm replacing the PL-259 & "reducer" on a GAP Voyager. I'm out of PL-259s
and need to order more. I want to make sure I get the correct reducer.
Memory tells me there are two size reducers, each accommodating different
size RG-58 or RG-59, I assume. The GAP uses a rebranded "yellow" coax with a
diameter of ~.25" or ~6.2mm measured with  my inexpensive Husky caliper.
Checking the reducers I have on hand, the ones with the larger hole fit the
GAP coax. It begs the question, though, what are the appropriate reducer
sizes for the various smaller cables, 58/59/8X/6, etc? Why are there two
sizes and how can I make sure to order the correct reducers for the
appropriate coax in the future? John/AC4CA