[TowerTalk] How to fix crooked Rohn 45G short base?

Blake Sobiloff sobiloff at icloud.com
Fri Jul 3 19:17:30 EDT 2020

Hi hi,

I’m putting up my first tower, a 40’ free-standing Rohn 45G (45SR040). I had my landscapers' help in getting the short base buried and cemented in, and unfortunately we’ve ended up crooked. I bolted the first section on top of the base and we’re about an inch out from top to bottom of the first segment.

What are my options for fixing this? I’m aware that Rohn doesn’t like drilling the bolt holes, even to get out the excess galvanizing, so I don’t imagine hogging out some holes would be the right way. In the archives I saw passing mention of bending the tops of a short base, but I wasn’t sure of the context so I don’t know if that’s the right approach.

I’m hoping we don’t have to jackhammer the base out and re-pour, so I’d be grateful for any other recommendations. Thanks!

--
Blake Sobiloff (N6BNS)
Reno, NV (USA)