[TowerTalk] VERTICALS NEAR SALT WATER

cqtestk4xs at aol.com cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Tue Jul 14 05:43:31 EDT 2020

Still assessing antenna options for the new station.
One parcel has about 95 feet of ocean front facing south.  Of course  the idea of verticals comes to mind.  Here is the issue. .  If the vertical is located at the shoreline,  I know any vertical will work like gangbusters in the southern direction.  However, will the salt water effect be lessened in the opposite direction (north) and by how much?  And, how much would the directions to the NE and NW be affected.
My gut feeling is to the north it would not be anywhere as good as it is to the south and to the NW and NE is would be a little better than the north but not anywhere near as good as to the south.  Am I right?
Bill K4XS/KH7XS/  V31XX (soon)