[TowerTalk] Coax and asphalt shingle roofs

Gedas w8bya at mchsi.com
Mon Jul 20 17:09:32 EDT 2020

I do not have any experience with coax directly on my roof but I would
still be concerned about possible side effects of extreme temperatures.

Let's say you live some place where the air temp can reach
110F.....given that and a pure sunny day and "darkish colored shingles"
and I suspect the surface temperatures on that roof can hit every bit of
150F (or more).....I just don't know if I would like that.

Gedas, W8BYA EN70JT

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....