[TowerTalk] Screw-in guy anchors for 48' 25G installation?

Grant Saviers grants2 at pacbell.net
Fri Jul 24 18:55:38 EDT 2020

The rock sounds not good for setting anchors.  Bobcats have hydraulic
anchor/auger drive attachments, you might be able to rent one.  Also
pretty common with post mount solar panel installers.  A prior QTH 4
post mounted panels were building dept insanity 9' deep by 3' diameter
holes drilled with a Bobcat.  3 of 4 for the 10" pipe were easy.  The
4th boring hit rock and the bobcat was spun 90 degrees.  Awesome.

That much torque would probably twist off a Rohn anchor shaft.  Better
slow, safe, and sure and dig the rather small buried concrete deadmen
for R25.

Grant KZ1W