[TowerTalk] Buried HF/VHF feedlines

Dave Sublette k4to.dave at gmail.com
Sat Jul 25 07:46:26 EDT 2020

I ran two runs of 7/8 hardline underground (in KY) for 30 years with no
problems.  The cable was buried only 6 inches or so, just enough to get it
under a mower.  It had a low spot-- perhaps three feet low or more in the
middle.  The run was 250 feet.  It froze and thawed every winter. Water
stood on it after a hard rain. I didn't have the severity of freeze/thaw
temps that you have, but I never had a problem.  I ran every frequency from
40 meters through two meters and had great success.  It was used when I put
it in and measured better than factory specs when I took it up three years
ago.

Dve, K4TO