[TowerTalk] zero RFI float charger for 12V battery

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 25 15:17:00 EDT 2020

I'm putting some remote gear (tuner & relay boxes) at the antenna base
that runs off a standard 12V-7Ah battery (control is via WiFi) that runs
the microcontroller and energizes the relays, etc.  Average load is low,
peak load is high.

I've got a nice inexpensive powersonic wallwart fast/float charger, but
it's a switcher, and noisy.

I'm looking for a inexpensive, wall wart style charger that has *some*
regulation (AC line voltage will vary, temperature varies, etc.), and
I'm not looking to build something. I just want to plug it in and have
it work.

Has anyone run across such a thing? (countless items in catalogs, but
nothing talks about RFI.. maybe there's a key term to look for?)