[TowerTalk] Mast slippage

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Jul 29 11:22:08 EDT 2020

Plus some of the tower cross braces may be in the way of the large
drill base since the mast is inside the tower. You also need to carry
up hundred plus feet of heavy-duty extensions cord.  I would not do
that either for a couple of holes that are 1/4" deep.

John KK9A

Grant Saviers KZ1W wrote:

Ron,

I shouldn't generalize, as it is possible to mag drill on a tower as you
are doing.  But rigging my 60# mag drill on a tower with a custom
fixture and using Rota-Broach drills is not in most ham skills and
toolboxes.  Maybe the fact my mags get heavier every year is another
factor ;) .

Grant KZ1W