[TowerTalk] Inverted Vees

Dennis OConnor ad4hk2004 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 06:56:59 EDT 2020

The concept of "hot end" versus "cold end" is not supported by the laws of physics, so there is no difference in performance if you reverse the coax connections at the antenna.
Getting the center of current as high as possible is an excellent suggestion - as noted above..

Now, for the nit pickers - Yes, I realize that the dipole end that is lower to the ground, if connected to the braid side of the feed line, will/maybe/possibly/could-sorta, lead to increased common mode current on the outside of the coaxial cable (shrug).
We know it does because of the glowing reports by the OCF true believers who spout the wonders of their antenna  - which is mostly, if not totally, due to low angle, vertically polarized, common-mode radiation from the vertical portion of the feed line. The antenna should be described as a top loaded coaxial vertical combined with horizontally polarized high angle radiation doe to the top element(s) being bent over instead of vertical.But, I digress (as usual)

Denny  K8DO