[TowerTalk] Inverted Vees

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jun 15 16:45:51 EDT 2020

On 6/15/2020 11:18 AM, john at kk9a.com wrote:
> Also an inverted V does not have the big nulls that a flat dipole has
> making the inverted V's orientation is less critical.

Calling the nulls "big" is not accurate -- the nulls ARE deep, but they
are also relatively narrow in angle. i have dipoles at right angles to
each other for 80 and 40 at 120 ft. On any given signal, I rarely see
more than 10 dB difference between them, and I work a lot of east coast
stations on 80M on the antenna that's off the end to them. And I've
worked a lot of JAs on the antenna that's broadside to the east coast
and EU.

73, Jim K9YC