[TowerTalk] Inverted Vees

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 16 09:25:54 EDT 2020

On 6/16/20 5:34 AM, dj7ww at t-online.de wrote:
> No, my best 160m receiving antenna is my vertical.
> Very weak signals are not audible on my receiving antenna.
> My receiving beverage antennas 120-160m long are only good for directivity
> like suppressing qrm.

Of course, beverages are vertically polarized (as are rhombics) - the
field is between the wire and the soil underneath, and vertically oriented.

> 73
> Peter

Yes, that's those "other considerations"  - verticals are all azimuth omni.

And, "gain" is not the be-all end-all - for a lot of amateur radio
applications (particularly on receive) directivity (whether in el or az)
is probably more important.