[TowerTalk] Stacked Yagis on Tower Legs

Steve Maki lists at oakcom.org
Thu Jun 18 22:46:57 EDT 2020

Mechanically, you want to distribute each antenna's twisting force
across a tower face, rather than concentrate it on one leg (unless
you're talking about a small UHF or VHF Yagi). if you pay attention to
that, it makes no difference which "leg" it's on. So if you have the
boom to mast plate attached to a leg, the antenna needs a stiffarm from
the boom to another leg.

Electrically, if the tower face width is an appreciable percentage of a
wavelength, the yagis should all be on the same side or leg of the
tower. But for HF yagis on R45 tower for example, it won't make much
difference.

-Steve K8LX